9.18.2008

First Post WOOT!

right then!
Today (postdated a week ago monday) we watched the first segment of Lions For Lambs. I dig it. this movie has really hit home in some rather interesting ways. Two of the three intertwined plot lines reflect something about my life. you have the two soldiers in afganistan, a senator selling his military initiative to the public, and a professor trying to talk 'round a student that stopped coming to class.
I've struggled with "the military question" for a long while, should I as a citizen that wants to give something back to my government do military service? when should I do it? after college? after having a few years of "real world" under my belt? *shrug* I don't know.
As far as being a student, I'm usually the definition of what not to be. I'm not a big partier, but I like to stay up late and talk out the world with friends. I've skipped many of my classes in the past, in fact, to my shame, I had two classes in the same room consecutively last semester, and for a good majority i would skip the first and Very Carefully sneak into the room afterwards so I wouldn't miss my second class. I say it was more than human fortitude, but mostly it was just me being lame.
more on this later.

No comments: